Our mission towards creating healthy smiles begins with a child. We care for each smile and believe that good oral hygiene must begin at birth and continue for the rest of life. It is the gateway to a healthy smile. Every smile is important to us whether it’s the natural perfect smile or a smile from a reconstructed mouth. We aim at a comfortable experience for our kids from toddlers to teens, making their visit to Langley Dental Centre at Langley BC, interactive, educative and friendly.
Inculcating good oral hygiene habits as a child must begin as early as birth to familiarize the child to dental care. We work with parents who play a key role in making sure the child’s oral health is at its optimum at all times. A child’s first dental visit or ‘well-baby-check’ should be between the 6th month and one year or, when the first tooth erupts (usually between 6 – 12 months).
Preventive Approach: The first visit will establish a ‘dental home’ helping them make the connection between the dentist and the child. This visit will lay the foundation to preventive care with good oral hygiene and maintain your child’s dental health into the future. A critical component to this first visit is to begin a comprehensive prevention program, because dental problems start early.
With an aim to prevent early childhood dental problems, we work with parents educating them on practising good oral hygiene habits for their kids and habituate them with such habits early in their childhood so that it continues for the rest of their lives.
Provide Instructions: We provide specific instructions on frequency of breastfeeding and formula feed, suggestions about finger, thumb and pacifier habits, tips on brushing and flossing their child’s teeth, providing dietary recommendations, preventing injuries to mouth and teeth, and their growth & development. Let your child begin a lifetime of healthy dental habits now.
Our services include Screening, Preventive and Therapeutic Treatments.
Our dentist team is well-trained in child psychology and helps the child to overcome the fear of dentist or dental office, with ease. We allow children to explore and play in the waiting room and make sure they are unafraid, comfortable and co-operative before we put them on the dental chair for their cavity check.
Screening for Cavities: Initial dental screening involves consultation and an oral checkup, a radiographic examination if necessary, a professional dental cleaning plan and application of fluoride varnish or dental sealants as required.
- Baby teeth cleaning: Baby teeth should be cleaned as soon as they erupt with a soft washcloth or gauze after every bottle feed or meal. When more than one tooth erupts, you can soak a small-bristled child-sized tooth brush in warm water and brush with fluoride toothpaste.
- Dental Sealant Application: Application of dental sealants as soon as eruption of teeth protect teeth from decay.
- Fluoride Treatments: Fluoride is a major component in the prevention of childhood dental caries as it protects from acid attack and decay.
- Dental Flossing: Flossing should commence when two teeth erupt next to each other, and must be assisted by parents until six years of age (when they can do it on their own)
- Mouth Washing is usually recommended by age seven, provided your child can perform the activity.
- Orthodontic Evaluation: The appropriate time to check for potential problems like overbites and uneven teeth is when your child is seven years old.
- Cleaning of teeth (Scaling)
- Fillings and repair of damaged teeth.
- Pulpotomy: Removal of a portion of the diseased pulp (nerve tissue) in the crown to maintain the healthy pulpal tissue with therapeutic dressing.
- Pulpectomy: Cleaning of the infection in the pulp chamber similar to root canal therapy
- Stainless steel crowns: caps used for baby teeth
- Serial extractions: Certain primary teeth and specific permanent teeth are extracted ahead of their scheduled shedding time, in an orderly sequence, to guide the erupting permanent teeth into a more favorable position.
- Space maintainers: Small appliances are used to maintain the space that is caused by early and untimely loss of baby teeth, before the permanent teeth erupt.
- Orthodontic appliances may be recommended after 7 years, to intercept or to prevent the developing incorrect bites or malposition of teeth.
- Balanced fluoride treatment for healthy teeth.
Why Langley Dental Centre for Kids Dentistry?
We are a highly-skilled team that deliver comprehensive dental care and treatments for children by creating a pleasant experience while in the dental chair or in the waiting room. We put your child first. Our friendly and compassionate staff is committed to maintaining a fun and stress-free environment We’re committed to the health and comfort of your children during dental treatment.
Our team strives to ascertain the importance of good oral hygiene by developing the child-parent-dentist relationship to help parents practice good oral hygiene habits for their child. Our primary goal is to prevent decay, infection, or other dental problems for your child.
We use the latest technology to deliver best results without pain or discomfort for your child. Our dentist team are caregivers, so you can be confident that your child is in the safe and gentle hands of our experienced dentists for your child’s dental needs.